Keto New Zealand Pavlova
Recipe & Photo from Truvia
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
3⁄4 cup water
4 large eggs (yolks only), lightly beaten
4 Tbsp butter, cut into pieces
4 large egg whites (makes sure egg whites are at room temperature) (save yolks for filling)
1⁄2 cup Truvia Sweet Complete Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract /or powdered vanilla (powder gives a more golden top)
1⁄4 tsp cream of tartar
1⁄8 tsp salt
1. Place cranberries and water into a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until cranberries are very soft.
2. Place fine strainer over bowl. Pour cranberry mixture into strainer, pressing cranberries with back of spoon to squeeze out as much juice as possible. Discard cranberry pulp and skins. Return strained cranberry mixture to saucepan.
3. Stir in Truvia Sweet Complete Granulated All-Purpose Sweetener
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sweetener is dissolved.
5. Whisk egg yolks in bowl. Pour about 2 tablespoons hot cranberry mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly.
6. Continue whisking, adding additional hot cranberry mixture, until about half of cranberry mixture has been added.
7.Return cranberry-egg mixture to saucepan with remaining cranberry mixture. Stir; continue cooking, stirring constantly, 4-5 minutes or until mixture reaches 165ºF and has thickened.
8. Remove from heat; whisk in butter until combined and butter is melted. Pour into bowl; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until completely cooled
PAVLOVA: WHILE FILLING IS COOLING
9. Preheat oven to 250 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw outline of two 6-inch diameter circles over the parchment paper, because the recipe makes two Pavlova desserts.
10. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or just a deep mixing bowl) beat egg whites, until frothy. Add sweetener, one tablespoon at a time and beat continuously on high for 6-7 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
11. Add cream of tartar, vanilla and salt. Beat until incorporated
12. Evenly divide batter into the two circles of parchment.
13. Create an indent in the center of each mound, this is where the filling will go.
14. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn oven off, let cool for 30 minutes in oven, then carefully remove parchment than transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
15. After cooling, top pavlovas with the cranberry curd.